Foot and Ankle Surgery in Philadelphia, PA
Foot and ankle surgeons are the surgical specialists of the podiatric profession. They provide wide-ranging medical and surgical care for a wide spectrum of foot and ankle conditions. These conditions include common to complex disorders and injuries that affect people of all ages. Foot and ankle surgeons are also able to detect early stages of diseases such as diabetes, arthritis and cardiovascular disease and they manage foot conditions that may pose an ongoing threat to a patient’s overall health.
Numerous patients with foot and ankle problems do not need surgery. Here are some questions to think about when considering foot and ankle surgery at The Foot & Ankle Group, PC.
- How bad are your symptoms? Does the pain have an effect on your everyday life?
- What are your needs?
- How is your response to other treatments, including drugs, orthoses and special footwear?
The decision to have foot and ankle surgery is usually based on a patient’s lifestyle choice. Seeing a podiatrist is the best bet in knowing your options.
There are many common problems that foot and ankle surgery can resolve. They include:
- Hammer Toes
- Metatarsal Surgery
- Ankle Arthritis: Ankle fusions, triple fusions, and ankle replacements
- Achilles Tendon Disorders
- Morton’s Neuroma
- Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction
- Plantar Fasciitis
The main advantages of foot and ankle surgery are:
- Long-lasting pain relief
- Better function and mobility
- Greater choice of comfortable footwear
- Improved appearance of our feet, depending on the procedure
Contact our Philadelphia podiatry office today if you feel surgery is the best alternative to omit foot and ankle pain.
Call (215) 332-5300 for more information on Foot and Ankle Surgeons at The Foot & Ankle Group, PC in Philadelphia, PA. For Our Mount Laurel, NJ office, call (856) 234-0195